They’re luscious, smooth and refreshing. Everybody loves smoothies, but most creamy decadent ones contain “Milk” as the main popular ingredient. This is not the best choice for anyone who has a lactose intolerance. So why not simply replace it with plant milk? And here is another yummy recipe from our peanut butter series for you. This chocolate and peanut butter smoothie recipe is lactose free, filling, yet it’s still totally satisfying and full of nutrients.
This chocolate peanut butter smoothie is perfect for your breakfast, post exercise drink or even just when you have a sweet craving. Chocolate has a small amount of caffeine that kick starts your day with energy. Banana is full of potassium which helps to regulate your fluid balance and helps to fill you up. The peanut butter, which is a clean protein, supports your muscle growth (best use an unsweetened one, follow the super easy recipe right here). In this recipe we used plant milk based, full of calcium and other vitamins your body needs.
Ok…there are some tips, if you don’t have any frozen banana in hand, feel free to pop in fresh banana will work just fine. Make sure your banana is fully ripe so you won’t need to add much sweetener. For the plant milk I used walnut milk, but any plant milk will work as well. If you are not a banana lover, please stay tuned. We’ll be posting some banana free smoothie recipes soon. Hope this chocolate peanut butter smoothie will make your day brighter just like it does for me every time I drink it. Cheers!
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Portions: 2 portions
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1.5 tbsp. peanut butter (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp. coconut sugar (or any sweetener)
- ½ tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup water
- 2-3 vegan ginger biscuit (for decoration – optional)
- 1-2 tbsp. dark chocolate chips ( for decoration – optional)
- Add all ingredients into a blender, blend until smooth. Stop and stir occasionally in needed. Serve and drink right away. Enjoy!
- To decorate (optional take around 10 more minutes)
- Add ½ cup of dark chocolate chip and 1 tbsp. of coconut oil into the bowl. Melt it in microwave for 1.30 minute (be careful don’t burn the chocolate) then smear the melted chocolate around the rim of the glass then crush up cookie of your choice (I used vegan ginger biscuits). Sprinkle the crushed cookies on top of the chocolate. Pop it in the fridge while you make your chocolate and peanut butter smoothie.
- If you didn’t have frozen banana, fresh banana is also fine, just add extra ice.
- If you only have sweetened peanut butter, leave out the coconut sugar.